March 14, 2007

The Beginning

Okay let's start at the beginning of my life as a puppy in training.

October 26, 2006
Today was the big day! I traveled down to Sylmar to meet my new puppy raiser "what ever that is". The five hour van ride from Santa Barbara was not very pleasant. Both my brother & I got car sick, I was worse off than he was it took me a while to get back on my feet. At 4 o'clock our new puppy raisers are coming for us. Orlando, which is my brother’s new name, had his raisers show up first, but where’s mine? Finally Denise shows up 15 minutes after the hour due to traffic that was very very heavy that afternoon. Denise, I have been told, has raised another puppy that is in formal training [or college as a lot of puppy raisers refer to it as]. Denise signed her contract for me and I was handed to her for the first time. Denise says “hello Oceana” to me I guess this is my new name but it is love at first sight for the both of us. We take a quick photo for GDA and then it is time to go to my new home.

When we arrive I am greeted by Andromeda; she is waiting to meet me! She introduced herself by appropriately sniffing me and immediately tried to get me to play tag.
That first night I did not want to sleep in this box (crate) Denise put me in, I wailed for hours missing all that is familiar to me. Denise finally took me out, I would settle down and then she would stick me in the box again. I was nice and let her sleep for thirty minutes, and then I would wail again. I did this for the first couple of nights until I got comfortable with my new friend Denise.

No comments:

Post a Comment