May 30, 2007

May 20, 2007

We started today very early; Denise & I had to be at GDA by 8am to set up and the what to do meeting for the Fourth Annual Motorcycle “Ride for Guide” Poker Run & BBQ Were all the four legged volenteers all recived a Kamra's Koset Collar eather in flames or poker cards. Denise and I are stationed at stop one a Shell station at the base of Angeles Crest, so we had to leave GDA by 8:30am so Denise and I can bring up all the supplies for our stop. There are six other puppies in training and their raisers (Yasmin & Laurie, Watcher & Lynne, JJ & Ellen, Cyrus & Becky, Kipper & Nolena, and Carlee & Georgia) and one working Guide (Doshi & Larry) with me at this stop.

We arrived at the Shell station for set up and to wait for the first riders to arrive from GDA, by 9:45 we had our first two riders come in, they we the first of a very busy morning. 500 riders later and me not having any traffic problems with the very, very loud bikes; we were able to brake down our stop and head back to GDA by 11:45 and have our lunch. Then Rachel and Lorri were handing out new assignments for different volunteer stations around GDA.
Denise & I were drafted to help serve the food, well I slept under the table in the shade while Denise checked wrist bands and handed out plates, chips, and cookies. GDA was only planning for 300 riders so someone had to run to Sam’s Club after they ran out of some of the food.

By 4:15 when they announced the winner of the poker run a guy who had drawn five aces and the second place was five kings, Lorri started to draw the winners for the 35 raffle baskets full of fun motorcycle store gift cards, restaurants gift cards, Harley memorabilia, Dog themed baskets, ect… as the last basket number was announced and Lorri thanked everyone for coming and making today the biggest Ride yet and hope to see everyone again next year so save the Sunday before Memorial Day weekend in your calendars; all the riders gathered up their leather jackets and helmets and were on their way home. Now it’s time for Denise & I to go home also. When Denise look at the clock and it is 5pm already. Gosh but it was a big long day.

This Is JJ he was at Stop One with Me.

These are my new frieds Chester the Goldendoodle and Roco (who is 5 months and spend the very busy morning in the baby puppy sitting area down in the kennel with four young girls caring for them)

Very Tired puppies around 4pm under the check in table


  1. Oh, how cool! I wanted to go, but Blitz is WAAAY to young for all those motercycles. Great to see J.J! That's Jaylie's brother!


  2. i've been meaning to ask there a chance that oceana made the news (abc, i think?). the morning of the run i was leaving to go pick up some friends from the airport, flipped on the news and they were halfway through a segment about the run. they showed a very cute chocolate lab and i thought "hmm, wonder if that's oceana!" without giving any contextual clues (aka showing her raiser :-)) i couldn't be very sure.


  3. yes that was Oceana. I don't remember the TV crew there but when I got home I was watching the 5pm news and there was the Ride.